It’s the simplest things that can sometimes be the most complicated. Though we strive to make printing as easy as possible for you please find tips and support here on our site. Stay tuned as we continue updating our site as we may add more support and reorganize our menu to improve the ease of use.
- When printing on cardstock, labels, or any other specialty paper change the settings on the computer or printer to the closest option. Not doing so can cause paper to get stuck or melted into parts of the printer
- If getting a line down copies or scans only clean the rollers and all glass areas of your machine.
Inkjet Cartridge Care Tips
- Do not remove the ink cartridge from its package until you are ready to use it.
- If storage of a previously opened inkj cartridge is required, replace all protective covers and clips and place the cartridge in the original plastic bag, closing tightly.
- Store the inkjet or ink tank cartridge in a cool dry area that is not exposed to direct sunlight.
- Store opened or unopened print cartridges at room temperature. Do not expose ink cartridges to prolonged periods of low or high temperatures – Below 32ºF (0ºC) or above 95ºF (35ºC).
- Avoid touching an electrical strips, chips, or metal parts of the cartridge.
- If print cartridge cleaning is required, only use lint-free cloths. If a cleaning agent is required, use a lint-free cloth slightly damped with purified water only. Do not use any other cleaning agents.
- If a printer will not be used for extended time periods, turn off printer so in-machine storage steps are deployed by the printer.
- Periodically run your printer’s head cleaning program if your printer sits idle for long periods of time (days or weeks). (Refer to your printer’s owner’s manual)
- When you first notice symptoms of image quality fading, skipping or streaking, replace the appropriate cartridge. This will ensure the cartridge can be re-used.
- Do not touch the electrical contacts or print head on a cartridge with your fingers and avoid static discharge (shocking) the cartridge.
- When replacing old cartridges with new cartridges, replace all covers and clips on the old cartridge to protect fragile components and ensure re-usability.
- Return depleted cartridges for reuse as soon as possible. This helps maintain the integrity of the cartridge.
For additional support with ink cartridges please visit our Ink Support portal.
Laser Toner Care Tips:
- Do not attempt to open the cartridge. It will make an unbelievable mess!
- Store cartridges at room temperature.
- Avoid exposing a laser cartridge to excessive light.
- When empty, store your cartridge in its original plastic bag and/or box.
- Make sure that you remove any seal strips completely before use
- Avoid touching any metal contacts, electrical chips, or exposed rollers.
- Drum Replacement For Laser Printers
- How To Clean Canon and Epson Printheads – For Inkjet Printers
- How To Clean HP Printheads – For Inkjet Printers
- What To Do If Your Copies Scans or Faxes Have A Line DownThe Page – For any All In One (AIO) Printer